What sets gold-filled jewelry apart?
The 14k gold overlay is permanently bonded, using heat and pressure, onto a core of jeweler’s brass. This means it won’t rub off or easily change color due to everyday wear. If you’ve been looking for affordable gold-toned jewelry that will last you decades, gold fill ticks all the boxes.
How does it compare to gold-plated jewelry?
Gold-plating naturally wears off as it is a microscopically thin layer of gold. Its thickness is equivalent to 0.05-0.5% the mass of the base metal. In as little as a few months to a year of everyday wear, gold-plated items can lose their color and shine. In contrast, the gold layer in gold-filled jewelry is at least 1/20th (5%) the thickness of the metal component. This makes it so much more valuable and long-lasting compared to gold-plating.
All items in our next collection include quality tags. These are stamped “1/20 14K”, “14K GF”, or "14/20". Every single metal component, including the jump rings, chains, clasps, wires, studs, and more, is 14K gold-filled. They can easily be cleaned and polished to maintain their shine, and none of them will ever turn your skin green.
Prefer the cool and light tone of sterling silver?
We’ve got you covered! Some of the key pieces in our next collection will be assembled with exclusively S925 components.
Sterling silver contains 92.5% pure silver. The remaining 7.5% consists of other metal alloys. This composition allows the metal components to have the shine and color of fine silver, with the added bonus of being more durable.
How do I order?
Choose the styles you want to order, select the quantity, then click ‘Add to Cart’. Select ‘Check Out’ when you have finalized your order and are ready to pay.
How do I pay?
You may pay using your credit card through PayPal (having a PayPal account is not required in order to pay) or through bank transfer/GCash via PayMongo.
Where are your products made?
Our products are designed and made in either Bacolod City or Metro Manila, Philippines. All final touches are made in Bacolod City, and all items are shipped from there.
To where do you ship and how much does shipping cost?
We ship to all regions in the Philippines, with a flat rate shipping fee of ₱100 via GOGOEXPRESS, which we have found to be the most reliable national courier for our shipments. For orders made in Bacolod, you can opt for the local pick-up/delivery option.
How long will it take my order to get to me?
After receipt of payment, kindly give us 24-48 hours to process your order. Once your order is ready for shipment, an e-mail will be sent to you with your tracking number. Please expect your packages within 5-10 business days for Metro Manila, and 8-14 business days for Visayas and Mindanao.
No shipping on Sundays and holidays. Orders placed after 12NN on Saturday will be processed on Monday. Orders placed on a holiday will be shipped on the next business day.
Do you accept returns/refunds?
Though we do our best to ensure that all items are shipped in perfect condition, we recognize the possibility that human error or shipping-related issues may compromise your purchase and satisfaction. Return/refund requests must be made within 10 days of delivery. Only requests concerning items that were received in damaged condition will be entertained (requests need to be supported by photo proof of damage). We may issue store credit or arrange for an item exchange upon approval of return. After 10 days, all sales are final.
All items must be returned in unused and original condition, with tags, packaging, and receipt included. You may ship using any method of your choice, at your expense. We are not responsible for any taxes incurred or lost/stolen returns.
Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Return Request: Order #” and wait for our confirmation. Kindly allow up to 7 days for your return/refund to be processed. We reserve the right to refuse any returned items that do not meet our return policies.
Do you accept custom or made-to-order pieces?
We will evaluate requests at a case-by-case basis. Feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do for you.
Do you ship internationally?
Feel free to leave us a message and we'll try to work something out.
What are your care instructions?
For jewelry -
- Each purchase comes with a velvet pouch and polishing cloth. Store your jewelry in the pouch or in a clean and dry container after each use. Gently polish the surface of the metals before storing each piece.
- Gold-filled or sterling silver pieces can collect dust, residue, and pollutants. Regularly clean it using a warm water and mild detergent solution, especially after use in the shower or gym. You can use a soft-bristled brush (e.g., baby toothbrush or clean makeup brush) to aid in the removal of trapped particles. Run the metal components under warm water to dissolve solidified soaps or mineral deposits. If you intend to use a store-bought jewelry cleaner, make sure it is suitable for use with any gemstone or pearl beads on your piece.
- Though the gold-filled components are tarnish resistant, exposure to harsh chemicals may cause irreversible reactions. These may change their appearance or corrode the surface. Avoid exposure to perfumes, hairspray, make-up, sunscreen, and skincare products. To minimize the ill-effects of exposure, you should wear your jewelry on bare skin or AFTER you’ve applied these products.
- Gold-filled jewelry can technically be worn at the pool or at the beach, but they must be thoroughly cleansed with freshwater afterward. Moreover, keep in mind that small sediments, such as sand, can scratch the surface of the metals, gemstones, glass beads, or pearls. To ensure that the quality of your items is conserved for as long as possible, avoid exposure to saltwater, sweat, and chlorine.
- For items with removable charms -- make sure to keep a firm grip on the charms until the hoop or necklace is secure, otherwise they may slip off and crack.
- Avoid storing your gold-filled jewelry with other types of metals.
- NOTE: Humidity is one of the leading causes of irreversible jewelry damage. When storing your jewelry, particularly after a good cleanse, make sure they are thoroughly free of moisture. Tarnish may also occur due to your body's chemistry, environmental conditions, and exposure to harsh chemicals. Regular cleaning, coupled with proper storage, is key to ensuring the longevity of each piece.
For clothing -
- Each item of clothing comes with a care guide stating the following instructions: machine wash cold in a delicates bag, do not bleach or iron items, dry flat or tumble dry low.
Please feel free to send us a direct message on Instagram (@holasaidlola) or send us an e-mail if you have any questions on item dimensions and sizing.
How are the clay beads made?
The beads are made using polymer clay, a lightweight material that can be conditioned, cut, molded, and then baked to retain a particular shape. A variety of pattern-making, color-mixing, and sculpting techniques and tools are used to make each bead of clay.
We make use of an old Italian technique (also used to make glass beads) to create a consistently patterned design, which is then incorporated onto larger beads, colorful slabs, or even more complex canes. This technique allows for the design of each slice to be rendered without the use of additional paint/pigments. As every piece is handmade, the size and color of each pair may vary slightly and no two pieces are exactly the same.
The beads are permanently hardened by baking although a degree of flexibility remains. This is a natural characteristic of polymer clay. Each baked piece is then prepared for assembly into wearable works of art. We use earring posts and chains that are stainless steel, nickel-free, and hypoallergenic, perfect for sensitive skin.
How can we get in touch with you?
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message through @holasaidlola on Instagram.